This is where you'll find our latest reviews and suggestions for restaurants around Seattle and from further afield as we travel.
We'll include some discussions with owners and chefs as well as our take on our experiences. Check back here often to see where we've been.
Leave suggestions in the comments below on places you think we should try eating or that you would like to see us write about.
- Goldfinch TavernJanuary 1, 2017December 16, 2016 Four Seasons Goldfinch Tavern Steven and I met one day around lunch time to take in the SAM main museum’s exhibit on fashion designer Yves St. Lauren. Steven had to return to work but I wanted something to eat. Since I don’t get a chance to come downtown very often, I wanted to find a place for lunch I’d never been to. After wandering around the SAM neighborhood a […]
- Aqua by El Gaucho & SAM Sculpture GardenDecember 28, 2016Aqua – 12/15 before SAM Sculpture Garden walk-about We had tickets to what we thought was going to be a special event at the SAM (Seattle Art Museum) Sculpture Garden down on the waterfront. We drove around a little, finding no parking which isn’t that unusual in that area, and decided to stop in to Aqua by El Gaucho for a drink and maybe a snack. Aqua never disappoints. The space, on a […]
- TK Noodle HouseNovember 25, 2016We’re off to the Islands! The Big Island of Hawaii to be exact. This is a pilgrimage of sorts that we make every couple years. First day – off the main drag of Ali’i Drive, on our way from the airport to our timeshare at the Kona Coast Resort II, we stopped by the crafts market just south of the main part of town. This is the Ali’i Gardens Marketplace where we found […]
- Pho Hai YenSeptember 24, 2016Our Favorite Pho Spot: Pho Hai Yen 810 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, Wa We’ve been long remiss in writing up this place. We’ve been coming here habitually for the past 6?, 7? or is it 8 years now? Most Saturdays if were in town (sometimes Sunday) you’ll find us here for lunch. Getting to know the family that owns and runs Pho Hai Yen has been just as much a joy as the Pho. Seriously! […]
- Bully’s Del MarSeptember 5, 2016Bully’s 1404 Camino Del Mar (Hwy 101) Del Mar CA 92014 1-858-755-1660 Sept. 3, 2016 Open since 1967, Bully’s is one of those hometown classics before cuisine got all fancy. I grew up with such a place in my hometown called Skips and another not far away called Heston’s back in the day, and now renamed as Heston’s Supper Club. What these all have in common is being a […]
- La Sirena – New YorkSeptember 2, 2016Dinner for our night in New York before once again boarding the Queen Mary 2 (see our last trip) was at La Sirena, a Mario Batali venture just in its 5th month. It’s a large, open space, so different than the current trend toward ‘micro’ restaurants. Of course, it’s a gamble to produce the high quality dishes typical out of a smaller kitchen, where attention to detail is a trademark. We had an […]
- OrfeoAugust 21, 2016It’s been a while since we’ve been to Orfeo but we wanted to finally get around to writing up about it. We’ve enjoyed the food here immensely and the staff has all been more than welcoming. First, Orfeo is located in Seattle’s Belltown neighborhood at 3rd Ave at Blanchard (2107 3rd Ave, to be precise). They’re open daily from 4-10PM with Happy Hour from 4-6PM. This […]
- Meet the Moon – LeschiMay 24, 2016This is a new-ish place down by the Leschi Marina, Meet the Moon. Not sure when it opened, but certainly within this past year. This cafe is the latest addition to the Heavy Restaurant Group – the same people who’ve brought us such places as Purple and Barrio, among others. We had checked out the menu and thought it looked a little “precious” and perhaps trying too hard to be […]
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib – Beverly HillsMay 21, 2016May 21, 2016 Seven family members descended upon this Beverly Hills steak house. We had ourselves, Steven’s parents, his aunt and two of his cousins. Lawry’s The Prime Rib Beverly Hills describes itself as an ‘occasion’ restaurant, and that it is. From the uniformed efficiency that greets you when you drop off your car with the valet, to the slightly cloying interior spaces evocative of a […]
- East Anchor Seafood – MadronaMarch 13, 2016Chef Brian Clevenger, of Vendemmia, has opened East Anchor Seafood, a new, modernist inspired cross between a bodega and a fish mongers hangout with his girlfriend-partner Kayley. Reported late last year in the Seattle Met as opening before the holiday, it seems that East Anchor needed a few more months to feel ready to go. Tuesday, March 15, 2016 East Anchor will premier it’s […]